Seersucker shorts are among the most popular lower body apparels for both men and women especially during the hot summer season. With their flexibility and styling potentials, they have been woven and tailored not only in the US and UK, but have been adopted by the rest of the world as well. These types of shorts are simple, adorned with only one or two color tones and designs; yet, such simplicity in design never fails to bring out beauty and style.
The Seersucker Fabric
Seersucker is not a common term for most individuals, unlike cotton, silk, wool, or denim. Seersucker is actually a sub classification or variation of cotton fabric. This type of fabric is relatively thin and is mainly distinguished by the presence of puckered, crinkled or bumpy stripes. Aside from creating comfortable seersucker shorts for men, they are well used for suits, shirts, robes, and other types of wardrobes as well.
The reason why seersucker shorts or the fabric in general is mainly associated with men is because the fabric has been widely used by military personnel as fabric for uniforms during the Second World War. Nonetheless, clothes tailored from this fabric may be used by both men and women. Seersucker is opted back then because it is lighter to carry, easy to clean and manage, and more comfortable for the warmer regions of the US and UK. By the time seersucker apparels were introduced in the US, they have been widely used in the more temperate southern regions or states.
Why Wear Seersucker Shorts
- They serve as comfortable clothing alternatives during the hot summer season or for individuals living in the more temperate regions by allowing free flow of air due to its thin nature and by preventing fabric constriction and clinging towards the wearer’s body.
- Like board shorts, these shorts are unisex. The simplicity and neutrality of several shorts and other clothes tailored from seersucker make them fit for males as well as the ladies. At times, shorts intended for women are relatively slimmer.
- Seersucker shorts are “uni-age”. Just like the neutrality of these types of shorts with respect to gender, individuals of any age may also have the opportunity to enjoy and flaunt them. There are boys seersucker shorts for little boys and there are larger casual to classy shorts of the same fabric for adults. Similar alternatives are also present for the girls.
- The shorts are heavily resistant to folds and wrinkles; hence, ironing or pressing them is less or often no longer required. The crinkled or bumpy stripes aids in keeping the fabric straight and firm.
- Wearing these shorts is just simple and casual, yet, they make you look smart.
Some Tips in Wearing Seersucker Shorts
- When planning to wear shorts tailored from seersucker, seasonal considerations are essential. These thin shorts are generally worn during the summer season but casual shorts may also be used indoors when temperatures are controlled or when they are merely used as undershorts.
- These types of shorts are generally light colored; therefore, complementing light polo shirts or dress shirts should be used. Contrasting them with dark colored clothes won’t work.
- Most of these shorts have buttons and zippers and it would look better and neater if the shirts are worn tucked in.
- Casual types of shoes should also be used. Lighter colored ones like whites and beiges have also been seen to project better appearance and blending.
- Accessorizing the shorts is possible. For cargo shorts and mens seersucker shorts, complementary belts may be used. For the women, trendy, fun, and bright colored belts, laces, or specialty strings are perfect embellishments.